These chocolatey, chewy cookies are soft and yummy without any of the guilt. Store them in an airtight container for up to a week – but honestly they wont last that long!
Cookies are my krytonite. I will eat them hot, cold, with ice cream, with sauce, in the form of dough or baked and soft in the middle. It doesn’t matter what form they take – if the word ‘cookie’ is in the title I will be all over it.
The cookies really are the ultimate chocolate chip cookies they taste amazing and they are so easy and quick to cook. Another great thing is you can dress them up as much as you want – milk, dark or white choc chips work and if your feeling extra fancy you could skip the chips and just add chunks of chocolate.
I hope you enjoy! If you make them be sure to snap a photo and hashtag them on instagram #pinchofdelight
Ultimate healthy chocolate chip cookies
Yields: 24 cookies
- 240g whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 tsp cornflour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/4 tsp salt
- 56g unsalted butter
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 20ml (4 tsp) vanilla extract
- 190g coconut sugar
- 56g chocolate chips – plus a handful for pressing in the top.
- Preheat the oven to 180C (350F) and coat to baking trays with grease proof paper.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the flour, cornstarch, baking powder and salt. In a separate bowl whisk together the butter, eggs and vanilla. Stir in the coconut sugar. Add in the flour mixture, stirring just until well incorporated. Fold in the chocolate chips. (OPTIONAL: if cookie dough is very wet chill for 15-30 mins)
- Place the cookie dough in 24 round scoops on the tray and flatten slightly. Push in the remaining chocolate chips to the tops. Bake for 9-11 minutes. Cool on the baking tray for 5-10 minutes before transferring to cooling rack.
Notes: You can sub in gluten free flour for a gluten free option.
White whole wheat flour may be used but chilling time may be necessary.
Brown sugar may be used instead of coconut sugar – however liquid sweeteners should not be used as the mixture will be too runny.