These rich and dark brownie bites are not for the faint hearted. The ultimate chocolate lover will enjoy these decadent and rich ultra fudgy brownie bites.
These brownie bites will stay fresh in an airtight container for 2 days or longer in the fridge.
These brownies are so good you will have people running back for more. They are rich and chocolaty yet still remain healthy without any refined sugar and using whole flour and yogurt.
Healthy dark and fudgy brownie bites:
yields: 24 bites
- For the brownies:
- 90g whole wheat flour
- 60g unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 28g unsalted butter or coconut oil, melted and cooled
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 120ml (1/2 cup) maple syrup
- 68g plain non fat greek yogurt
- For the frosting:
- 27g dark chocolate chips
- 15ml warm milk
- 30g nonfat greek yogurt
- 10g cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 140C (300F) and coat a baking tray with nonstick spray or baking paper.
- In a medium bowl mix together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt. In a separate bowl whisk together the butter, eggs and vanilla. Add in the maple syrup and greek yogurt, stirring until no lumps remain. Add in the flour mixture.
- Spread the batter into the baking tray and bake for 15-19 minutes, depending on how fudgy you want your brownie bites to be. Cool completely in the pan, they need to be completely cold in order to spread the frosting.
- To make the frosting; add the chocolate chips to a microwave safe bowl and heat on full power for 30 seconds, and stir, keep heating in 30 second intervals until completely melted. Add in the milk, greek yogurt and cocoa powder and stir until smooth. Spread on top of the brownies and cut into small bite size squares.
Notes: You can substitute gluten free flour in for normal flour.
You can substitute in regular chocolate chips.