Chewy and delicious the granola bars are so easy to take on the go and provide a simple snack no matter the situation.
I absolutely love granola bars. I think they are so easy to take on the go and make a perfect snack for whenever you are feeling peckish, and these ones are certainly no exception! I love to put them in a little sandwich bag or wrap them in cling film and chuck them into my bag, lunchbox or pocket.
Another great thing about these granola bars is that they are so versatile! You can so easily mix up what you want to add, if you are not feeling in a chocolate chip mood (why are you not though?!) you can easily add raisins or chopped nuts for a different sort of snack!
They will stay fresh in an air tight container for up to 5 days.
Healthy coconut oil choc chip granola bars:
Yields: 10-12 bars
- 180g rolled oats
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 45g rice crispies
- 110g oat flour
- 45g coconut oil, melted
- 100g maple syrup or honey
- 50g coconut sugar
- half a mashed banana
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 20g chocolate chips (dark or milk)
- Preheat oven to 180C (350F) and line a baking tray with parchment paper or spray with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl stir together oats, baking powder, rice crispies,oat flour and coconut sugar. In a separate bowl whisk together coconut oil, maple syrup, banana and vanilla extract. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Transer to baking tray and press down. Bake for 18 minutes at 180C, then push down again to ensure they are compact and leave to cool completely before cutting into bars.
Notes: To make oat flour, blend up oats in a food processor.
Brown, white or gluten free rice crispies may be used.
You can replace the coconut sugar with brown sugar